Saturday, July 4, 2026

Captain Vladimir Baskinov

Captains Vladimir Baskinov and his wife Galina Baskinova were the pioneers in Murmansk in The Eastern Europe Territory. 

Vladimir used me as his mentor. He was eager to grow as a Christian and sought advice in spiritual matters. Both he and Galina were very open for The Holy Spirit.

The first time I interpreted him, was at the congress in Oslo where they were invited to have a meal with our TCs and General Ewa Burrows (retired) who was the main speaker in 2008. Vladimir had short tesitimony about his conversion and thanked Ewa for opening the work in Eastern Europe which became the instrument that led to his conversion and his ministry in TSA. 

Ewa was moved by his words and responded and I interpreted her into Russian.

In September 2009 Magna and I met the couple again in Murmansk traveling by car from Kirkenes through Nikel to Murmansk as a group of 6: The leader of the group, Karstein, his wife Solfrid Kristiansen (corps-leaders in Kirkenes), the DCs in the North Norway Division majors Margaret and Paul William Marti. In addition had the DCs in Russia division arrived from Moscow. Majors Tony and Pat Kennedy (Canadians) whom we had served with in EET in 2004-05 when they were our assisting DCs based in Kiev (Ukraine). 

Unfortunately Vladimir was promoted to glory 31. Oct. 2015. We grieve the loss and rejoice with heaven, and remember him with gratitude! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whitehead, Charles (President)

  In March 2008 when I was the CO in Drammen corps I heard about an interdenominational pastors meeting in Asker. It was on a busy day, but ...